This is one of the most recommended solutions to fix iPhone won’t restore issue. If your phone has got a bad update or is just not getting recognized by system, then you can retrieve it by entering its recovery mode. In this guide, we provide you 8 solutions that you can try to fix firmware is not compatible when restoring your iDevice with iTunes. As you can see, AnyFix can effectively help you either fix the firmware file is corrupted or not compatible issue or easily update your iOS device to iOS 16.
- Public or company Wi-Fi networks may not work to restore your Apple Watch.
- EaseUS file repair software will automatically fix broken files.
- It is also essential to ensure that you are not using a captive or 802.1X network.
- If your iPhone won’t update 15, force restarting it may solve the problem.
- IPSW files are firmware downloads for specific Apple devices and iOS versions.
Tried iOS update and restore, but it kept crapping out and never got to the actual restore feature. Further, Apple opens downgrade to lower iOS only for a limited period after the new iOS release. You can read more and dig deeper into this method here. Data corruption can sometimes cause files to seemingly disappear from your computer. Stellar is a data recovery software that helps you to recover deleted stock firmware file or lost data from SSDs, hard drives, and USB drives. This tool enables you to restore email, audio, photos, videos, etc. Vera is an editor of the MiniTool Team since 2016 who has more than 5 years’ writing experiences in the field of technical articles.
- We don’t have any specific recommendation, as we haven’t needed to use them.
- Now download the program on your PC/Mac, and get ready to fix the iPad/iPhone black screen of death.
- I was pulling my hair out and thinking I had just lost everything.
- The backup worked from an iPhone SE first generation (iOs 13.5.1) to an old iPhone 6 (iOs 12.5.1).
- The iPad “iPad” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt.
This issue can be resolved by uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer because such security software blocks the installation of firmware sometimes. After you uninstall antivirus software, the issue “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away. Try reinstalling the iTunes/Finder if the firmware corrupts or the compatibility error is still testing your patience and not going away. The iTunes/Finder configuration doesn’t match firmware files sometimes and iTunes/Finder upgrade cannot solve the error. Try to update or restore your iPhone after reinstalling the latest iTunes/Finder.
If your iPhone won’t turn on or charge, you can learn what to do from this article. There are 6 available solutions which are proved to be effective.
However, if you never drop your iPhone or get it soaked in liquid, it’s still possible to fix black screen on iPhone using the methods above by yourself. In this step, the Passvers program will detect your phone model and the iOS version. If it fails to do that, you can manually select them for your device.